LICs New Plan Jeevan Pragati (Table no 838), This is a non-linked, with-profits Endowment Assurance plan The main feature of this Jeevan Pragathi plan is the ‘sum assured on death’ (part of death benefit) automatically increases after every five years during the term of the policy..
Key Features & Eligibility Conditions of LIC Jeevan Pragati Plan
ELIGIBILITY CONDITIONS AND RESTRICTIONS:
- Minimum Basic Sum Assured (payable on maturity) : Rs. 1,50,000/-
- Maximum Basic Sum Assured : No Limit (Maturity Sum Assured shall be in multiple of Rs. 10,000/- only)
- Minimum Policy Term : 12 years
- Maximum Policy Term : 20 years
- Minimum Age at entry for Life Assured : 12 years (completed)
- Maximum Entry Age : 45 years (nearer birthday)
- Maximum Age at Maturity for Life Assured : 65 years
- Premium payment mode : Yearly, half-yearly, quarterly & monthly.
- Accidental Death & Disability Benefit Rider is available on payment of additional premium.
- Minimum Accident Benefit Sum Assured is Rs 10,000
- Maximum Accident Benefit Sum Assured is an amount equal to the Basic Sum Assured subject to the maximum of Rs 1 cr.
- Minimum entry age for the rider is 18 years.
- Agent’s commission for policy term
- 12 to 14 years is 20% in first year and 7.5% in 2nd & 3rd year.
- The first year agents’ commission would be 25% on a 15 year policy term.
Benefits under LIC’s Jeevan Pragati policy
- Death Benefit under Jeevan Pragati Plan : On death of the Life Assured during the policy term, the Death Benefit which is ‘Sum Assured on Death’ + Vested Simple Reversionary Bonuses + Final additional bonus, if any, shall be payable to the nominee. The Sum assured on death automatically increases every fiver years. Where “Sum Assured on Death” is defined as the higher of a) 10 times of annualized premium (or) b) Absolute amount assured to be paid on death, which is as under;
- i) During the first five policy years : 100% of the Basic Sum Assured.
- ii) During 6th to 10th policy years : 125% of the Basic Sum Assured.
- iii) During 11th to 15th policy years : 150% of the Basic Sum Assured.
- iv) During 16th to 20th policy years : 200% of the Basic Sum Assured.
- Maturity Benefit payable under LIC Jeevan Pragati Policy : On survival to the end of the policy term, the maturity benefit which is ‘Sum Assured on Maturity’ + Simple Reversionary Bonuses + Final Additional bonus (FAB) if any, shall be payable to the policy holder. Sum Assured on Maturity is equal to Basic Sum Assured.
- Final Additional Bonus shall not be payable under paid-up policies..
- The Bonuses shall be declared on the Basic Sum Assured.
- The date of commencement of risk under Jeevan Pragati plan will be immediately from the date of issuance of policy.
MODE OF PREMIUM PAYMENT: The modes of premium payment allowable are Yearly. Half Yearly. Quarterly, and Monti (ECS only or through salary deductions).
GRACE PERIOD FOR PAYMENT OF PREMIUM:
- A grace period of one calendar month but not less than 30 days will be allowed for Quarterly, Half Yearly and Yearly premium paid and 15 days for monthly mode of payment.
- If the death of the Life Assured occurs within the grace period but before the premium then due, the policy will be treated as in-force and the benefits will be paid deduction of the said unpaid premium and also the unpaid premiums falling due before next policy anniversary
- If premium is not paid before the expiry of the days of grace, the policy lapses.
- If the Policy has not lapsed and the claim is admitted in case of death under the where the mode of payment of premium is other than yearly, unpaid premium(s).
- The above grace period will also apply to rider premium as the rider premium is to be along with the premium of the base plan.
The rebates for base plan are as under:
- Yearly mode : 2% of tabular premium
- Half-yearly mode : 1% of tabular premium
- Quarterly and monthly mode : NIL
High Basic Sum Assured Rebate:
- 1,50,000 to 2,90,000 : Nil
- 3.00,000 to 4,90,000 : 1.50 % B.S.A
- 5,00,000 to 9.90.000 : 2.00 % B.S.A
- 10.00.000 and above : 2.25 %° B.S.A
BSA – Basic Sum Assured